POLY-VI-SOL- vitamin a, vitamin d, .alpha.-tocopherol, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine and cyanocobalamin liquid
Central Texas Community Health Centers
Liquid multivitamin supplement
Last updated: Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Multivitamin supplementation for infants and children.
Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement is recommended for infants around 4–6 months of age who are transitioning to solid foods.
- Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement has 9 important vitamins in a convenient daily dose. It is an excellent supplement for a child when transitioning to solid foods, during growth spurts and for the picky eater. Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement (without iron) is recommended for children who have sufficient iron in their diet or the possibility of too much.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends 400 IU of supplemental vitamin D per day beginning in the first days of life for all breastfed and partially breastfed infants who do not receive at least 1 L of infant formula per day1.
Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement is does not contain ingredients derived from the most common food allergies: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy or wheat.
Refrigeration is not required.
|Per 1 mL||% DV Infants||% DV Children under 4 years|
|o Note: Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement does not include folic acid|
|Vitamin A, IU||750||50||30|
|Vitamin D, IU||400||100||100|
|Vitamin E, IU||5||100||50|
|Vitamin C, mg||35||100||88|
|Vitamin B6 , mg||0.4||100||57|
|Vitamin B12 , mcg||2||100||67|
- When added to 2 fl oz of infant formula or breast milk, 1 mL of Enfamil® Poly-Vi-Sol® increases the osmolality by +160 mOsmol /kg water2. If the resulting osmolality is higher than desired for a particular baby, an option is to add 0.5 mL of the supplement to the feeding twice per day.
- Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement is available as drops in 50 mL bottles.
Item #: 040265
Description: With Dropper
Unit Size: 50 mL
Prod. Yield / Unit (fl oz): N/A
Case: 12 bottles per case
Reimbursement Code: 00087-040203
Usual Daily Dose
Drops: 1.0 mL
- Ingredients: Glycerin, water, ascorbic acid, vitamin E succinate, niacinamide, polysorbate 80, ferrous sulfate (stabilizer for vitamin B12 ), caramel color, vitamin A palmitate, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin-5-phosphate sodium, vitamin D3 , vitamin B6 hydrochloride, natural and artificial flavor, sulfuric acid (antioxidant for iron), vitamin B12 , sulfites.
- Drops: Now includes an easy-to-use syringe. The syringe is marked with 0.25 mL, 0.5 mL, 0.75 mL and 1.0 mL dose lines. To administer directly, place the syringe in the child’s mouth with the tip against the inside of the cheek. A firm pressure on the syringe bulb will deliver the proper dose. A slight excess will remain in the syringe. If preferred, the drops may be slowly mixed with formula, juice, cereal or other food and fed within 1 hour.
- Store at room temperature. Refrigeration is not required, but will not harm the drops.
- As with all vitamin products, parents should be cautioned against excessive dosage. The bottle should be kept out of the reach of children.
- 1. Wagner CL, Greer FR, and the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding and Committee on Nutrition. Prevention of rickets and vitamin D deficiency in infants, children, and adolescents. Pediatrics. 2008;122:1142-1152.
- Testing was conducted in September 2009 by Mead Johnson Nutrition, Quality Control.
Above information found at:
Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol. On Mead-Johnson Nutrition website. Available at: https://www.meadjohnson.com/pediatrics/us-en/product-information/products/vitamins/enfamil-poly-vi-sol-drops#references. Accessed 9/7/17.
CommUnityCare Federally Qualified Health Centers
Poly-Vi-Sol #50 ML
Take as directed on package.
Poly-Vi-Sol #50 ML NDC 76413-337-01
Federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any other person than the patient for whom prescribed.
| POLY-VI-SOL |
vitamin a, vitamin d, .alpha.-tocopherol, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, and cyanocobalamin liquid
|Labeler — Central Texas Community Health Centers (079674019)|
|Central Texas Community Health Centers||079674019||REPACK, RELABEL|
|Mead Johnson & Company, LLC||006370092||MANUFACTURE|
Revised: 10/2017 Central Texas Community Health Centers
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.