STOOL SOFTENER- docusate sodium and sennosides capsule, gelatin coated
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each softgel)||Purpose|
|Docusate sodium 50 mg||Stool softener|
|Sennosides 8.6 mg||Stimulant Laxative|
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 6-12 hours
Do not use
- laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose, preferably in the evening, or in divided doses
|adults and children 12 years of age or over||take 2-4 softgels daily|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1-2 softgels daily|
|children 2 to under 6 years of age||take upto 1 softgel daily|
|children under 2||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: calcium 2 mg and sodium 3 mg
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- Keep tightly closed
Aerosil, beeswax, FD&C Red No.40, gelatin, glycerin, light liquid paraffin, povidone (PVP K-30), purified water, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, sorbitol solution, soya lecithin, titanium dioxide
Call 1-888-333-9792 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Compare to the
active ingredients in
Liquid Filled Softgels
DOCUSATE SODIUM, 50 mg
SENNOSIDES, 8.6 mg
Plus stimulant laxative
Package Contains One Bottle
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products L.P., owner of the
registered trademark COLACE® 2-IN-1.
| STOOL SOFTENER |
docusate sodium and sennosides capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler — CVS (062312574)|
Revised: 11/2022 CVS
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.