PEPTO-BISMOL CHERRY- bismuth subsalicylate suspension
The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- traveler’s diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use
- only use dose cup provided
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- 30 mL (1 dose) every ½ hour or 60 mL (2 doses) every hour as needed for diarrhea/traveler’s diarrhea
- 30mL (1 dose) every ½ hour as needed for overindulgence (upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL dose contains: magnesium 4 mg, sodium 3 mg
- salicylate 236 mg
- low sodium
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if printed shrinkband is missing or broken.
benzoic acid, D&C Red No. 22, D&C Red No. 28, flavor, gellan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucralose, water
DIST. BY PROCTER & GAMBLE,
CINCINNATI OH 45202
P e pto
Upset Stomach Reliever/
12 FL OZ (354 mL)
bismuth subsalicylate suspension
|Labeler — The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Revised: 05/2020 The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.