KA PEC — bismuth subsalicylate liquid
Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
- controls diarrhea
- reduce number of bowel movements
- help firm stool
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from children pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- if you have bloody or black stool
- if you have an ulcer or bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- a sodium-restricted diet
- taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
a temporary, but harmless darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- shake well before using
- repeat dosage every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not take more than 8 doses in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- adults & children 12 years and over: 2 tablespoons (30 mL)
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavor, glycerin, magnesium aluminum silicate, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, sodium saliycylate, sorbitol, water
- Store at room temperature. Protect from freezing and excessive heat (over 40o C or 104o F)
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: magnesium 32 mg
- each tablespoon (15 mL) contains: sodium 24 mg
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF BREAKAWAY BAND ON CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
| KA PEC |
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler — Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation (144679156)|
|Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation||144679156||manufacture (53807-515)|
Revised: 04/2018 Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.