ASTHMANEFRIN- racepinephrine hydrochloride solution
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Racepinephrine, USP 11.25 mg (as 13.5 mg of Racepinephrine HCl, USP).
For temporary relief of mild symptoms of intermittent asthma:
- Tightness of chest
- Shortness of breath
Asthma alert: Because asthma may be life threatening, see a doctor if you:
- Are not better in 20 minutes
- Get worse
- Need more than 12 inhalations in 24 hours
- Use more than 9 inhalations in 24 hours for 3 or more days a week
- Have more than 2 asthma attacks in a week
These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse.
Do not use:
- Unless a doctor said you have asthma
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If product is brown in color or cloudy
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Ever been hospitalized for asthma
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Narrow angle glaucoma
- A psychiatric or emotional condition
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- Taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression, or psychiatric or emotional conditions.
- Taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold, or pain).
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your asthma is getting worse (See Asthma alert)
- You have difficulty sleeping
- You have a rapid heartbeat
- You have tremors, nervousness, or seizure
When using this product:
- Your blood pressure or heart rate may go up. This could increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, which may cause death.
- Your risk of heart attack or stroke increases if you:
- Have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- Take this product more frequently or take more than the recommended dose.
- Avoid foods or beverages that contain caffeine
- Avoid dietary supplements containing ingredients reported or claimed to have a stimulant effect.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- The ingredient is used in an aqueous solution at a concentration equivalent to 1 percent epinephrine.
- Do not use more than directed
- For use in a hand-held rubber bulb nebulizer:
- Add 0.5 mL (contents of one vial) of solution to nebulizer.
- Adults and children 4 years of age and over:
1 to 3 inhalations not more often than every 3 hours.
Do not use more than 12 inhalations in 24 hours.
The use of this product by children should be supervised by an adult.
- Children under 4 years of age: ask a doctor.
- Protect from light. Avoid excessive heat. Protect from freezing.
- Store between 2°C and 25°C (36°F and 77°F).
- How Supplied: Asthmanefrin
® Racepinephrine Inhalation Solution, USP 2.25% is supplied in 0.5 mL sterile vials.
NDC 0487-2784-01 30 vials, each vial in an individual foil pouch.
Ascorbic acid, citric acid, edetate disodium, water for injection.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Orlando, FL 32811
Contains 30 ASTHMANEFRIN ® vials
Racepinephrine Inhalation Solution Bronchodilator
FOR TEMPORARY RELIEF
OF MILD SYMPTOMS OF
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness of chest
Important: Do not exceed recommended dose.
| ASTHMANEFRIN |
racepinephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler — Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation (783905201)|
|Registrant — Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation (783905201)|
|Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation||783905201||manufacture (0487-2784), analysis (0487-2784), pack (0487-2784)|
Revised: 12/2014 Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.