ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD NIGHT- aspirin, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate and phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each tablet)
Aspirin 500 mg (NSAID)*
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
Phenylephrine bitartrate 7.8 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
● temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
● minor aches and pains ● headache ● runny nose
● sinus congestion and pressure ● cough ● sneezing
● sore throat ● nasal congestion
● temporarily reduces fever
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are
recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this
product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea
and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be
an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may
● hives ● facial swelling ● asthma (wheezing) ● shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which
may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
● take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than
2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea,
or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
● if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor
(MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping
the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains
an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
● in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
● stomach bleeding warning applies to you
● you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
● you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or
● you are taking a diuretic
● you have
● asthma ● diabetes ● thyroid disease ● glaucoma
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
● a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
● a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
● taking a prescription drug for
● gout ● diabetes ● arthritis
● taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
● do not exceed recommended dosage
● may cause marked drowsiness
● avoid alcoholic drinks
● alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
● be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
● excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
● you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
● feel faint ● vomit blood ● have bloody or black stools
● have stomach pain that does not get better
● pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
● fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
● redness or swelling is present
● new symptoms occur
● ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
● cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These
could be signs of a serious condition.
● nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding , ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3
months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a
doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or
complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help
or contact a Poison Control Center right away
● adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved
in 4 oz of water at bedtime (may be taken every 4 to 6 hours). Do not
exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
● children under 12 years: do not use
● each tablet contains: sodium 476 mg
● Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 5.6 mg Per Tablet
● store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
Inactive ingredients acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric
acid, aspartame, calcium silicate, dimethicone, docusate sodium,
flavors (natural & artificial), mannitol, povidone, sodium benzoate,
Questions or comments? 1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM —
ASPIRIN ( NSAID) / Pain Reliever-Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr / Cough Suppressant
Doxylamine Succinate / Antihistamine
Phenylephrine Bitartrate / Nasal Decongestant
- Nasal Congestion
- Headache & Body Ache
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
20 EFFERVESCENT TABLETS
| ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD NIGHT |
aspirin, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
|Labeler — Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Revised: 01/2021 Bayer HealthCare LLC.
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.