ACID REDUCER- esomeprazole magnesium tablet, delayed release
Cardinal Health (Leader) 70000
Esomeprazole 20 mg
(*Each delayed-release tablet corresponds to 22.25 mg esomeprazole magnesium, USP (trihydrate))
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment • swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
• take every day for 14 days
• do not take more than 1 tablet a day
• swallow whole. Do not crush or chew tablets.
• do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed) • you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
• do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before us
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
black iron oxide, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid — ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion, microcrystalline cellulose, mono-and di-glycerides, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, red iron oxide, shellac glaze, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sugar spheres (corn starch and sucrose), talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate and yellow iron oxide
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
COMPARE TO NEXIUM® 24 HR active ingredient†
SEE NEW WARNING INFORMATION
Delayed-Release Tablets, 20 mg* | Acid Reducer
Treats Frequent Heartburn
May Take 1 to 4 days for Full Effect
One 14-Day Course of Treatment
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Nexium® 24HR.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF SEAL UNDER BOTTLE CAP BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY CARDINAL HEALTH
DUBLIN, OHIO 43017
LEADER Acid Reducer
| ACID REDUCER |
esomeprazole magnesium tablet, delayed release
|Labeler — Cardinal Health (Leader) 70000 (063997360)|
Revised: 05/2021 Cardinal Health (Leader) 70000
DrugInserts.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the US Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by DrugInserts.com. Every individual package label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the US National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.